Monday, February 22, 2010

Small Buffet Redo

 
All I have to say is THANK YOU Krylon Cherry Red! I truly had forgotten how much fun it was to spray paint furniture. Back in the day, that was my method of choice...how could I forget how much fun it was?!?! Anyway, my inspiration came from All Things Thrifty, a blog on how to re-purpose shabby furniture and make it fabulous. Thanks to Brooke for pointing me in the right direction!! 
I had a serious color issue (or should I say the lack there of?) in a corner of my living room. Too many wood tones...wooden chairs, wooden buffet, wooden floors, and wood toned accessories...So Very Blah! It has been driving me CRAZY for weeks, but I didn't know what to do until I saw the hutch on A.T.T. Here's the before...

 
A close up

 
Even closer..YIKES! Can you tell how old this thing is:o)
  My mother gave me this piece a few years ago. She was going to trash it just because the thing is falling apart(as you can very well see). I saved it from being disposed of, and didn't do a thing to it because I always dreamed of taking it to the Antiques Roadshow and them offering me a million bucks for it. After many years of watching that show, I finally realized that they would probably laugh in my face and tell me that I should have let my mother throw it in the first dumpster she came to:o) 
I am so glad that I became brave enough to paint this. It looks so much better!

 
You can see the details so much better now that it's in a brighter color

 
She needed a little BLANG-BLANG, so I busted out the Gold paint

 
I always feel good about a project when I get an, "Oh, Wow!" from the hubs, and there isn't a bit of sarcasm in his voice..haha! There are still some accessorization issues. But these will do for now...

 
  
Be on the look out for an upcoming give-away. More details to follow soon!


5 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

LOVE IT!!!!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

It's just the right pop of color..!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

great job... I love red!

Cayce said... Best Blogger Tips

Love this... I didn't know spraying furniture could go so well. Bringing new life to "dying" items is so fulfilling. Please continue to share your projects with us! You are great inspiration!

angie said... Best Blogger Tips

Whoa! a bright red! But I love it.