Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Menu Board Update

My menu board is the most "pinned" item on my blog.
I have had several people ask questions about dimensions, paint colors, wood type, and even if I would make another one to sell. I have gotten comments and emails of which I never responded to, and I am SORRY! I am such a loser when it comes to following up. Sad, I know.
So anyway, I decided to do a quick post for all of you out there who were wanting to know how this thing was constructed.

The dimensions of: 

This menu board:
40"x40"
The chalkboard squares:
12"x12"
The large vinyl letters:
3"
The small vinyl letters:
2"

 Here is a shot of the back of the board. You can see that the frame is made from 
1x2's and it's a 1/4" thick plywood board.
And that's it...
 I think I covered all of the questions that have been asked as of lately. If you have anymore questions about this menu board, you may not get a quick response...just warning you;o)
Another thing I wanted to show you...
I wanted to share how we are able to stick with our Bible verse memorization.
I made this chalkboard out of a yard sale mirror. I taped the edges and sprayed a few coats of chalkboard paint on it. Easy-peasy.
It's in the living room, so it's constantly catching my eye...reminding me that I need to say it with the kids.
It's a fantastic tool.
I hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday...keep me in your prayers...I have been experiencing a tremendous amount of pain in my neck...no it's not the hubs or the kids;o)
It's real pain, and there is a possibility of a bulging disc...I go to the doc tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have some answers.
So there won't be a whole lot of crafting going on around here, not for a bit, at least.

8 comments:

Lizz Askine said... Best Blogger Tips

Quick Question: I want to make the menu-board. Looking at the frame, did your husband use screws to connect it to the plyboard? I don't see and screws in the board. Did he just use wood glue to connect the frame and board? Thanks!

Crystal from Fussy Monkey Business said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lizz AskineHey Liz! He used a counter sink bit and screws, but you can really just screw them in at an angle just as easily. Hope this helps, and good luck with your project!

sylvia said... Best Blogger Tips

Could you tell me what the font is that you used on the Menu-Board. Thanks and I LOVE LOVE THIS. Thanks for sharing.

Crystal from Fussy Monkey Business said... Best Blogger Tips

I used the Storybook Circuit cartridge. So glad you like it:)

Taylor Smith said... Best Blogger Tips

Do you need the frame on the back of the board?

Crystal Waggoner said... Best Blogger Tips

@Taylor Smith Not necessarily, but it kept the board from curling out. The wood is thin. And it made it easier to hang on the wall as well.

Crystal Waggoner said... Best Blogger Tips

@Taylor Smith Not necessarily, but it kept the board from curling out. The wood is thin. And it made it easier to hang on the wall as well.

Taylor Smith said... Best Blogger Tips

Ok, thanks! I'm making the board tomorrow and I'm so excited. I'm trying to figure out how big to make my menu squares since I have to downsize the board to 28x28. What would you do?