Friday, October 29, 2010

Music Sheet Wreath

I thought that I was done for the week, and then I got a little inspiration. I am not sure if you have visited Miss Mustard Seed, but if you haven't, you need to make your way on over. She creates some of the most beautiful pieces. So while looking at her blog yesterday, I ran across her Christmas tree.
She does a lot with sheet music, and everything she makes with it is BEAUTIMOUS.
I decided it was high time that I try to make something with sheet music. This is what I made yesterday during naptime.
I don't have sheet music, but I do have some old hymnals that haven't been used in years. I found one that was in pretty bad shape, and ripped it to bits. I knew that I would want to keep this wreath up year round, so I had a light bulb go off....
The center of the wreath is removable. I cut out a chipboard circle, and decorated it with the Halloween scrapbook paper I bought the other day. I even got to use my Cricut:o)
On the backside of the circle, I put a little velcro.
This is what the wreath looks like without the centerpiece. 
I guess I gotta head out to Hobby Lobby and get some more scrapbook paper so I can get to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas centerpieces.
Next, I am going to start making some ornaments with the left overs from the hymnal.
Check the side bar on the right to see the parties that I am participating in.


7 comments:

Korrie@RedHenHome said... Best Blogger Tips

CUTE! I love your removeable center...it just gives it that little sumpin' sumpin'. Come check out my sheet music wreath sometime!
http://redhenhome.blogspot.com/2010/10/sheet-music-wreath-x-2.html

Kim @ Starshine Chic said... Best Blogger Tips

The wreath is fabulous! I love how you made the center removable so you can change it up for every holiday. So smart!!!

Cranes for Katy said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this wreath...tutorial?

Mandy said... Best Blogger Tips

That is Gorgeous Myrt! I need one! Not sure if I have the patience, But while I am trapped in the house this winter, I am definately going to try it! Great Work

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the fact that you used the velcro to span the seasons!

Miss Mustard Seed said... Best Blogger Tips

This is such a creative take on the classic sheet music wreath. I love how it's elegant Halloween decor, which can be hard to come by! Thanks so much for the compliments. :)

Cayce said... Best Blogger Tips

I like you interpretation of Miss Mustard Seed's wreath! Don't you love her blog?!