Monday, January 13, 2014

Sewing Projects-A Tooth Fairy Pillow & Monster Doll

We had a very laid back weekend. The kids officially started their basketball season on Saturday. I wish I had pictures to share, but I don't.  I am coaching both teams, so I couldn't keep up with my big ole wonkin' camera. I got a few with my camera phone, though. 
The kids play back to back, so it's fairly exhausting to scream for 2 solid hours. We had fun...but after all that excitement, afternoon naps are usually on the agenda...for me that is;o)
Today I want to show you some of the sewing projects I completed last week.
I made E a monster doll. I will have the tutorial up in a few days. It was a simple project. Nothing but straight lines. He loves it, and that makes for one happy momma!
 I also made S.R. a tooth fairy pillow. You can find the tutorial here. The instructions are easy to follow, and you can bang one out in no time.
 The tooth fairy pillow was made just in time too. S.R. lost her first tooth Saturday evening. She fiddled around with it all day...even during her basketball game, which I thought was kind of gross. Kids are gross, though. Anyway, she came running and shrieking at the top of her lungs out of my bedroom, nearly giving me a heart attack, until I realized they were happy shrieks:o)
She was so proud to finally lose her tooth.
Our tooth fairy brings $5 for the first tooth because it's a BIG deal to lose the first one. She also brings gold $1 coins for the subsequent teeth.
So what does your tooth fairy do that's special or unique? I would love to know. It's always interesting to hear other families' traditions.
I also want to take a moment to say thank you for the kind words expressed by some of you over my last post. It was difficult to write, and even more difficult to hit the "publish" button. Thank you for being so sweet and encouraging!

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

The toothfairy would give a toy for the first tooth - something that was special and wanted. Then it was 25 cents that built up exponentially. 25 for the first, 50 for the second, 75 for the third and so on. It is tricky in remembering how many teeth, etc, but that is what we do. notes from the tooth fairy often appeared. each child had their own tooth fairy in charge of their teeth: Felicity, Tabitha and Feona. Our 4 year old has yet to lose any teeth, but the same tradition will continue. I just need to think of a new fairy name.