Monday, January 6, 2014

Riley Blake 'Dress Up Days' Doll Kit-Somewhat finished...

If you remember back in the summer, I made S.R. a new quilt. She loves her room, and I always feel so proud when I walk by and see that quilt sitting on her bed...when the room is clean, that is.
I purchased the Dress Up Days doll kit (which matches her bedding) and had intentions of making the doll for Christmas. S.R. even asked me to make her a doll for Christmas. Well, time flew by, and I didn't get a chance to make it. 
Since our Christmas break was so laid back, I was able to take the time to construct it.

I made a few modifications to make it more personal.
I added felt hair and little bows on top. 
I haven't made the dresses to go with it just yet. I purchased a second hand serger a few months ago, and I wanted to make the dresses on it. I am really excited about this machine. I have wanted one for a few years, but they have always been way too expensive. A friend of mine was selling this one at a great price, so I couldn't pass it up.
While it isn't being used, it will be resting here. Notice the painting? My sister painted it for me. It was my Christmas present from her. It's the Northern Lights. Didn't she do a great job? I love personal gifts so much more than store bought stuff.
It matches really well with the decor in my craft room too.

E wants me to make him a monster doll, so I have to figure out how to make one. I also have some tooth fairy pillows that need to be constructed. We're about to get a few visits from her very soon!

0 comments: