Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Few More Bits of the Laundry Room

I have been lazy when has come to finishing up the laundry room. I have 2 more shelves to complete...one of which will be majorly awesome when it's done:o) Then there is the accessorization of said shelves. Anyway, I thought I would share a few things that are complete.
I found this bookshelf at a yard sale. It was falling apart and the previous owner had attempted to strip 4 layers of paint off of it. Needless to say, I had my work cut out for me. I used the Chalk Paint that everyone raves about.

  Here are my thoughts on Chalk paint. 
#1-it's expensive.
#2-if you have a business where you have to bust out refinished furniture on a weekly basis, then buy it. It dries quickly and very easy to work with...if you are a person such as myself who just revamps for fun, skip it. You can get a similar effect with spray paint and it's much cheaper.
#3-you can't roll it on b/c it goes on too thin, and the 2-coat coverage doesn't cut it. The bookshelf needed 4 coats....I realized on the 3rd coat I needed to brush it on.
Anyway, one can covered the bookshelf and the bench.
Speaking of the bench, I made a new bolster pillow for it.
 And here the two pieces are in the little corner. One of the shelves I haven't finished working on will go above the bench.
 I saw this "reminder" on another blog the other day, and decided I needed one for us as well. Theirs was on the door. I wanted mine to be above the door so it could be bigger. It's a great reminder every time we leave the house.
 I found this picture at a thrift store for $3. The shelf was given to me by my mother. I added the glass knobs so that my clients could hang their coats or purses on it...by the way, you do know that I do hair out of my laundry room right? I'll share pics of that spot later on:o)
 Here is a "little" treasure I picked up the other day...isn't it so cute?
 And another treasure. The frame needs a little work on the top. It's missing some trim, but I thought it was beautiful, so I got it anyway.
I hope to have the rest of the laundry room completed by the end of the week. I have a big gathering at my home next week, so that gives me a deadline to finish:o)
Have a great Wednesday!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

It looks good!! Sad commentary on me that you have decorated your laundry room more than I have my main living space. You need to come this way and have another space to dress up. :)

Zoe said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this room- so many cool "treasures". I think you have decorated your laundry room more than I have my main living room too!