Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sofa Table

Here is a project that I did a few weeks back, and just never took the time to get it posted. I found this sofa table at a yard sale for $15. In it's original state, it was honey colored, and very well taken care of.
Of course, me being who I am, I couldn't just leave it in it's original state:o)
 Painting this table was a 3-step process. I spray painted a base coat of Krylon's Peekaboo Blue. I didn't worry about full coverage b/c I knew that I would be distressing it. I had just a smidge of the chalk paint left over, so I dry brushed a thin coat on top of the Peekaboo Blue.
Once that was dry, I sanded it to death. It was still a little too blue, so I dirtied it up with some Valspar antiquing glaze.
I found these glass knobs at Lowes. They were a necessity since every piece of furniture needs a little bling:o) 

It fits perfectly in our living room....It was meant to be...sigh:o)


Participating in these parties:

Furniture Feature Fridays












This project was featured at:



5 comments:

Zoe said... Best Blogger Tips

It is very pretty- I love the distressing and the "bling". I am sure you will enjoy it!

Cayce said... Best Blogger Tips

It turned out great! Much better than the original honey color I'm sure.
Be sure and link up to Miss Mustard Seed's FFF, but I'm sure you already were!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

love your side table the color is excellent, i would love to feature it on my revival monday. please let me know if this is ok with you,
lauren

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

im sitting on my porch swing and writing up the features for monday. and i was looking over your blog. i love your feature button with i love lucy so cute. just had to tell ya.

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Following you from Someday Crafts. Would love to have you link this up at my {wow me} wednesday link up party going on right now. :)

Ginger
gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com