Monday, June 20, 2011

Laundry Room-Part 1

I guess you noticed that last week was sort of hit or miss around here. Hubs stayed home last week....worked a little, and helped me a little. I decided on a whim that the laundry room needed a face lift....well we are still in recovery...WOW! 
We spent more time on that one small space than we usually do on a full size bedroom.
We are still putting the finishing touches on it, but I wanted to give a sneak peak:o)
The hubs built this riser for the washer and dryer....He's DA BOMB:o)
For the plans, go HERE.
baskets from Pier 1
Little decor action here. I'll share what these little guys are perched on in Part 2.
I will share with you a completed project.
This cabinet was purchased from a garage sale for $1. It's one of those cabinets that goes over the sink in your kitchen. I didn't know what I would do with it, but it was solid cherry, and a buck. I couldn't pass it up:o)
After much contemplation, I decided that this cabinet would make a perfect bench.
 I removed the doors and knocked out 2 of the dividers. I had the hubs add some rope wood trim around the perimeter of the opening, and add legs to the base.
This is one of the pieces I used the chalk paint on. I'll give my thoughts on chalk paint in Part 2.
 
 The cushion came from Target and is 30% off right now(score).  I'm so glad that I didn't have to make a cushion! I got lucky with the dimensions..it almost fits the bench perfectly...and it matches the rug!
Be sure to stay tuned for Part 2 of the laundry room. We have just a few more added touches & the room will be complete!


Participating in:
Restored It Wednesdays

6 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Can't wait to see the whole thing! Way to go getting it done!

Erin said... Best Blogger Tips

No Summer Fun Fest today? =o(

Keep Stitchin' said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks cool! I can't wait to have a new laundry room again (we are currently renting) to call my own!

djjdjdjdjd said... Best Blogger Tips

@Erin
I didn't do it this week b/c of the lack of participation...Glad you enjoyed it though!

Mandy said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome Bench friend! Can't wait to see the rest!

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

That bench is amazing! So pretty that I made Phillip come look at it! I love it. I also love the lift you guys built for the washer/dryer.