Friday, June 14, 2013

New Chore Charts

Now that summer break is here, I decided it was time to reinstate the chore responsibilities for the kiddos. Last year, I made a chore list, and my intentions were to teach E and S.R. responsibility and the value of hard work, but my system was truly broken and our excitement for it lasted all of one week. 
Expecting my kids to do the same things over and over again day after day was just expecting too much. I certainly don't do the same things day after day. We all need a little variety, right?
So to fix my broken system, I searched on line for age appropriate chores. 
It's truly amazing what little ones can do...we really don't give them enough credit. If you check my Pinterest board, you can visit the sites where I found my ideas...
This particular idea came from the Martha Stewart website.
 Thankfully this little project was mostly free to me. I had one sheet of magnet paper left. I printed the kids' pictures and the chores with the money value on them(in 25 cent increments). I had blue card stock, and cut it down to size and put the kids' pictures on top and made little button magnets to hold the bottom in place. 
The paycheck pad is something made on publisher. I used Vistaprint to print the notepad. Once it arrived in the mail, I attached magnets to the back.
We are now on week three and still going strong. The kids get to pick some of the chores to do and I delegate some as well. Saturdays are for make up work because sometimes we are gone and they don't get the chance to really make any money those days.
It is amazing how much cleaner my house is now. If you haven't started making your kids do chores, you are truly missing out....and so are they!

1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice!! I just spent some time catching up on all your projects. Love all the outfits for SR! Can't wait to see what you come up with for E. (A little Star Wars, maybe?) Chore chart is a great idea, too. Now to make one for my 5 kiddos. ;)