Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Handmade See Saw-Made by Me!

Guess what. 
I've been doing a little wood working...
and I'm totally digging it..
like a whole lot!
S.R. asked the hubs to build her a see saw the other day. 
I found the plans on Ana White's website, and after looking them over, I decided that I could make it....all by myself.
The hubs has been so hard at work on the half bath, I thought it would be one less thing for him to worry over, and I could try my hand at construction.
He cut all of the wood for me because pressure treated wood is so heavy. I needed his muscles to straighten the base a bit (the wood was warped) and to attach the see part of the saw(is that right??;o)), but other than that, I did it by myself. 
S.R. kept asking me if I was sure I knew what I was doing...I did because the instructions were so easy to follow. I plan on staining the wood to match the play set soon.
The kids LOVE their new toy. The neighbor kids LOVE the new toy. I LOVE that I made something that everyone LOVES! Now I'm ready to find something else to build...any suggestions?;o)
On a side note, I thought I would share the beautiful rainbow we had in our backyard the other day...I love moments like these when we can take a second to appreciate God's promises. 
I hope you all are having a great day. Try to stay cool in this heat!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fresh Picked Flowers

I love fresh flowers. I picked these from our backyard. Aren't they pretty? I hope you're having a great day!
We're in the middle of a bathroom reno right now...tiny spaces make me cranky...so I think I'll just peruse Pinterest and look at my pretty flowers...that way I won't have to go paint;o)

Friday, July 12, 2013

LEGO Table

I have been in major build mode this week. I have stepped away from the sewing machine, and have been trying my hand at power tools. I have had so much fun, and I LOVE that my husband keeps a well stocked garage:o)

I have had this table in the attic for about two years. I purchased it from a local yard sale page for $5. It was an awkward sort of table and very dated, but when inexpensive furniture presents itself to me, I buy immediately and ask questions later...it's not always the best approach, but my approach, nonetheless;o)
A couple of nights ago, we were all in the playroom building LEGO scenes, and that's when the idea struck me that E needed a LEGO table. 
And, so it was.
This was the before..a very dated, very drab piece of furniture.
 I used a jig saw to cut out the top....very LOUD, I might add...and, no I was not wearing any ear protection.
It was a hot and humid day, so the red spray paint didn't want to dry. I had to spray a coat, and then bring it inside between coats. My house smelled delightful...NOT! If you follow along on Facebook, you got to see what red over spray will do to blonde hair. I'm happy to report that Dawn dish washing liquid stripped the paint right out of my hair, thankfully!!
I found the LEGO plate at Target for $14.99.  The plate was attached to the base of the table with liquid nails, and trimmed out with quarter round.
I'm so happy with the end result, and so is E.
 Now it's the perfect little end table.
And if you're wondering...those are marker lines on the side of the couch...it's a playroom..anything goes, or so it would seem:o)


Participating here:
Lady Behind the Curtain
Crafty Confessions




Craftionary



Photobucket

Craft Dictator


 Featured:




craftionary

Monday, July 1, 2013

Window Valance and New Look for the Couch

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. I got to spend some good old fashioned quality time with my little family, so it was definitely a good weekend for me.
In the midst of that, I was able to finish the window valance and pillows for S.R.'s couch.
If you were with me during Crafting with the Stars, you know that the hubs built this couch for S.R. It was made to fit a crib mattress so that it could be used as a bed for her guests, or for E when they are having "sleepovers".
This little couch has gotten a LOT of use! 
 The large pillow in the back is something I made with some of the remnants of the quilt fabric. Super easy to whip up. The other three pillows were purchased from Target. The square pillows had been marked down to $5.99 and the bolster pillow was around $13. The crib sheet was another Target purchase, and it may have been around $9.99.
 The window valance took some planning and searching online for inspiration. After about an hour, I finally decided to take a few different ideas and put them together.
I really like the end result and I like it much better than the panels that were there before. 
This room has been a lot of fun to put together. Just one more post on S.R.'s "bigger girl room." I'll share with you the art project that is going on the wall beside her bed. 
To see the finished quilt, you can go HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!