Monday, September 19, 2011

Super Hero Birthday Party

Here it is. The Super Hero Birthday party for E. I'll try to let the pictures do most of the talking:o)

 I made the cake...in a hurry. I wasn't as happy with this one as I was with the Barbie cake I made for S.R.'s party.
Table scape for the boys.
Table for the girls.
A shot through the web.
 Party favor table
 Each of the boys got to take home a lunch box, plate & cup(not pictured) along with a book & Spiderman comic book.
 This is what was inside of the lunch box. I found these in the dollar section at Target the other day and they were half off.
Construction of the Bat Cave. The hubs and my daddy did a great job.
 Fishing line, tacks and black plastic table cloths made the Bat Cave. The kids got a kick out of it. We had the lights off when they walked through it.
Here were some of the games. To get the posters, visit designergirl007 at Etsy.


 Here were some of our villains...Doc Oc
 Lex Luthor...for some reason I thought his name was Max Luther and I couldn't find a picture of him:o) Go figure!
 and the Joker
A little pre-party fun with my sis.
 Here's the arrival of Batman....HUGE hit!

 Back to the games....vaporize the villains was the favorite game of the day. 
 The villains didn't make it:o)
Once the Super Hero Academy was over, Batman signed certificates and handed them out to each of the new Super Heroes.

 He also gave everyone a Bat-a-rang.
I'd say this was one happy little man!


Participating in:







Design Dazzle



Visit thecsiproject.com


 Featured:





Design Dazzle

10 comments:

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

What fun!! Everything looked great!

Deanna said... Best Blogger Tips

Very fun!! It all looks great!

A Bunch of Hicks said... Best Blogger Tips

You throw the best parties!! Love all the decor and how cool was it that Batman was there!! E looked VERY happy!!
I have a couple of ?'s. How did you do the tablecloth on the food table? How is it held up and how are the superman emblems attached? Also what did you cover E's name letters with.
Audrey is having a Rapunzel party in November and I am already planning! I love parties too!
Thanks and again great job!!
Jana

Crystal from Fussy Monkey Business said... Best Blogger Tips

@A Bunch of Hicks
Hey Jana! Thanks so much! There are 2 table cloths. I had a red one on bottom, and then I took 2 strips of 1.5 yd blue fabric, & sewed the long sides together. I laid it across the table and gathered the fabric and used a large safety pin to hold it in place. I ran masking tape through the pin and looped it. I attached the super shields to the tape. The letters on the table were from Hobby Lobby & I used gift wrap and Mod Podge to cover them. I hope that answers all of your questions:o)

kim said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice job! Where did you get the backdrop for Vaporize the Villain? Also, was there anything special you did for the balloons? Or is it just print, cut, tape?

Crystal from Fussy Monkey Business said... Best Blogger Tips

@kimHey Kim! I got the backdrop from Party City. It was discounted, so I got it for 5 bucks. The balloons were just as you said, print, cut & tape:o)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Where did you find the lunch boxes?

Crystal from Fussy Monkey Business said... Best Blogger Tips

@AnonymousI found the lunch boxes at Old Navy. They were having a buy two get the 3rd free on everything in the store when I purchased them.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

How did you do the big backdrop over the fireplace? Love all the details!!!

Crystal from Fussy Monkey Business said... Best Blogger Tips

@AnonymousI have a shabby chic headboard above my fireplace, so that is what the red fabric is draped across. The black board is just foam board with pictures of vintage super hero comic book covers...I just googled the covers, copied and had them printed at Costco. It took a couple of hours to attach them to the black foam board, so that I got all of the spacing just right...I used double sided tape to attach each picture. Hope this helps:o)